Thursday, December 4, 2008

Don't give up, don't ever give up

Watching the ACC/Big Ten challenge on TV last night, I noticed that ESPN has designated this Jimmy V. week, after the late Jim Valvano. The former N.C. State basketball coach delivered one of the greatest, most moving speeches that I've ever heard at the 1993 ESPY awards, about a month before he died from cancer. I saw a few minutes too late that they had broadcast the speech at 7 o'clock yesterday. So during halftime of the Wake - Indiana game I watched it online on my roommate's Wii. My favorite part is when Valvano names the three things you should do everyday to get the most out of life: laugh, think, and cry.

Absolutely amazing speech. Written words don't do it justice, so just watch it on youtube instead. You can support cancer research through Jimmy V's memorial foundation here.

No comments: