Friday, March 27, 2009

Obviously I picked Villanova

At least Duke won't be winning the tournament this year. That alone is enough to put me in a very good mood. Other great things include:
  • It's Friday
  • Really dense, cool-looking fog this morning
  • A sesame seed bagel with cream cheese
  • Leaving work at 10:45 am
  • Going to Brooklyn to visit Maggie and Alex
  • A possible nap on the bus??
  • 65 degree weather
  • Feeling very comfortable about possibly joining Westmoreland UCC
  • Having a respectable president (this will absolutely never, ever, ever get old)

I haven't been to New York since last summer, for my great-grandmother's funeral. In fact, I've only ever really been there to visit family. We've done some limited sight-seeing, but I've never really hung out in "the city" with friends. Supposedly they have delicious bagels and pizza there. Although I generally detest New York snobbery (or really snobbery of almost any sort), I will dutifully taste these things and report back.

It's the start of a weekend of plentiful food, basketball, and windbagging. I have a feeling this will be very, very good.

No comments: