Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hello, Mr. Anderson

On a recent trip to New York to visit Tom, he, Jimmy, and I were sitting in this underground PATH station, waiting for a train back to Jersey City.  For some reason this shot reminds of The Matrix.  I think it may be the austere repeating patterns, fading into the distance with a sense of infinity.  The utter lack of people in the station, combined, I think, with the fluorescent lighting, also makes it feel like the middle of the night.  But it was actually the middle of a bright, sunny afternoon.  Later on, we played mini-golf on a pier in front of the Manhattan skyline, watched a play about sometimes-lesbian female rockstars, got caught in a spontaneous summer downpour, ate a Mexican feast, and visited the famous, crowded McSorley's tavern.  Just another day's exploration.

1 comment:

T-Dexxx said...

Good picture. Now I'll never look at my clean, orderly PATH stations without thinking of their potential for slow-mo fight scenes. And it's good to see some updates on the ol' blog ... speaking of which, I'd better put something up on mine now that you've tagged me.