Sunday, April 24, 2011

Drawing with crayons on eggs

Managed to find some time this afternoon, in between church, the farmers' market, mowing the lawn, and preparing for family dinner to indulge in an Easter favorite of mine: dyeing eggs.  I particularly like drawing on them with crayon beforehand (so much so that I made a special trip to CVS to buy a pack of Crayolas for almost $3), because of all of the creativity it inspires.

Until relatively recently, I lacked the context to celebrate Easter for religious reasons.  Dyeing eggs has always featured prominently in my understanding of this holiday and it continues to do so.  I find it comfortingly childish and, admittedly, really fun.  Moreover, the bright colors and happy spirit of the whole exercise seems in keeping with everyone's joyful mood on this day.  The challenge now, I guess, will be to eat a dozen hard boiled eggs in the next few days before they go bad.

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Alex said...

Please tell me the green egg has a drawing of Denise on it!

Jason said...

Guilty as charged.