Friday, April 1, 2011

"But I wouldn't miss it for the world"

My sentimental nature aside, it speaks, I think, to the filmmaking genius of Pixar that I can't so much as think about Toy Story without feeling an emotional pang.  That trilogy illustrates so perfectly the nuanced, sometimes alarming process of growing up and, in fact, tracks quite well with the chronology of my life.  It debuted when I was in elementary school as a cool movie about toys and friendship and wrapped up during my mid-20's, playing well with my growing sense of nostalgia for the passing years.

The video below is a tribute to 25 years of Pixar animation.  There are several films in there that I have not seen but, bolstered by the Toy Story clips, those that I have made watching this a heart-warming, poignant way to spend five minutes.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Of course this had me in tears.

How did I totally forget about Monsters Inc?